Over the summer Ken Silva bought a Deck Girder with Catwalk and Bridge Shoes from us on Ebay. He recently contacted us for a custom 16' diameter curved deck girder. He personally came to our home to pick it up and Damian put together two 5.5" piers while Ken waited.
     Ken's layout is a great example of how simple it is to install a bridge with elevated blocks. The piers are designed to screw into the bridge. This makes everything hold fast and sturdy.
     We enjoyed meeting Ken and Shuggie (Ken's four legged buddy) and are very excited to share his hard work and creativity with everyone. Meeting customers, sharing ideas and photos is what we enjoy about this business the most! Thank you Ken Silva for sharing pictures of your railroad.

Comments

12/04/2012 06:22

Comments
Having corresponded with Ken by email for some years, (I live in Melbourne Australia), I get regular updates on his progress including the photos he provided you with. The bridges you have produced for him have really enhanced his layout. Great work.
Barry Davidson.
Melbourne, Australia.

06/02/2013 19:54

My wife and I had a visit with Ken and Shuggie this morning while out walking past his yard. He was a very nice layout and the bridges from Mainline Bridges look very realistic. I am currently constructing my layout and need several bridges. Ken's layout is a good "advertisement" for Mainline's product and workmanship.

04/03/2017 23:28

Montana Vista Railway is a simple design of a railroad. But we all know, doing such thing isn't an easy task! Ken Silva, who is the designer of this railroad is truly a talented person. At the same time, I am happy to know that he is fun and educational to be with. Because of you, I want to to meet Ken Silva too!

Thank you very much for the information provided! I was looking for this data for a long time, but I was not able to find the trusted source..

This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information.

09/17/2017 01:07

As i mentioned in 2012 I was corresponding with Ken and all of a sudden he disappeared from emails. Does anyone know what happened to Ken and Shuggie? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Barry Davidson
Melbourne, Australia.

09/17/2017 01:12

Barry Davidson
Melbourne, Australia.

09/17/2017 01:13

Barry Davidson
Melbourne, Australia.

09/17/2017 01:29

Sorry, my email is bkdavo@bigpond.com

09/17/2017 07:30

Some really useful content here. I've been looking for something like this to help with a research piece I've been working on.

09/17/2017 22:56

Can I be of help? i have been wondering what happened to Ken Silva. My email is bkdavo@bigpond.com